We desire to help connect churches in the Pillar Network with people in partnering churches in our network who may be a good fit for job positions they have available. If you have a job opportunity you’d like posted on our website, please contact us.
MINISTRY ASSISTANT ‐ Children’s Ministry – Cornerstone Baptist Church – Florence SC
Full‐time Employee. Salary. Exempt
Bringing up children in the Christian faith is a vital ministry at Cornerstone Baptist Church. The Ministry Assistant
to Children primarily provides organizational assistance for the Children Ministry, including preschool and
grade‐school ministries, by working with the Children’s Pastor and the Next Generation Team to support the
Directly Supervised By Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Cornerstone Leadership Structure: Every employee of Cornerstone serves at the pleasure of, and under the
supervision of, the Lead Pastor, Dr. Bill Curtis. Additional supervision is delegated by him to others. A Ministry
Assistant may receive specific work direction from any member of the Pastoral Team, but formal direct
supervision of this position, begins with Pastor Jason Fuson.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Ministry Assistant (Children’s Ministry) has the satisfaction of knowing that she is contributing to the
spiritual growth of children at Cornerstone Baptist Church, serving as a member of the children’s ministry team
for the ongoing development of a cohesive ministry, and effectively partnering with and equipping the families
of the church.
Assist children’s pastor in administration of the children’s ministry and other Next Gen Team responsibilities (e.g.
assist in budgeting, payment processing, promotion, media, communications, calendaring/scheduling).
● Handle visitor tracking and assimilation for all children ministry programming.
● Maintain the Cornerstone Kids social media accounts.
● Facilitate payment processes for events.
● Assist in preparation of annual financial plan.
● Schedule resources based on approved calendar for upcoming children’s ministry events.
● Help maintain church database and volunteer information.
● Additional duties as required to support the overall ministry of Cornerstone and the Next Gen Team.
Children’s Ministries & Events
Assist the children’s pastor in coordination of scheduled events and activities (e.g. Preschool, Grade‐school,
Awana, Upward, training, summer camps, special events), to include organizing and preparing resources and
materials and equipping ministry leaders and children’s workers.
● Monitor children’s ministry policies and procedures and assist the team with improvements.
● Maintain supplies and curriculum for use within all areas of the Children’s Ministry.
● Assist in planning, coordination, and leadership of annual kid’s camp and other summer programming
● Coordinate and participate in specific parts of children’s ministry special events.
● Coordinate with external organizations with regard to facilities, resources, and security requirements.
● Schedule childcare for Cornerstone events as required (e.g. Discover Cornerstone, Ladies Bible Study).
Children’s Ministry Workers
Assist the children’s pastor in enlisting, screening, equipping, managing, and evaluating volunteer and employee
children’s ministry workers, including the coordination of training opportunitieszź, regular assessments, and
● Coordinate recruitment, screening, equipping, and evaluation processes for children’s ministry workers.
● Assist in volunteer scheduling in the children’s ministry areas (e.g. preschool, grade school, Awana).
● Help coordinate children’s ministry volunteer appreciation initiative with other ministry leaders.
● Work with the Children’s Pastor to ensure all children’s workers maintain qualifications (e.g. background
checks, assessments, ongoing training requirements).
● Must be a follower of Jesus Christ and have a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience to Him
● A member of Cornerstone Baptist Church or willing to join Cornerstone
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related area
● A heart, passion and love for children, particularly of those birth through 6th grade
● Committed to the Exit 137 Values
● Ability to relate well to children, teachers, volunteers and parents
● Comfortable with public speaking
● Excellent organizational and administrative skills
● High attention to detail and accuracy
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Quality interpersonal skills (a “people” person)
● Ability to enable and empower volunteers and interns
● Self‐motivated with ability to function effectively without close supervision
● Able to work well within a team environment
● General awareness of office equipment and software/technology (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
● Physical capacity to fulfill particular job requirements
Forward resumes to Keith Thompson via firstname.lastname@example.org
Variety of Domestic and International Locations:
Summer and One Year Residencies
Are you interested in a summer or year-long residency opportunity? Generation LINK has exciting opportunities in many Pillar Network churches as well as in several international locations. Generation LINK is an intensive discipleship program owned and operated by local churches through national and international partnership. If you are interested in a summer or one year opportunity: please click here for more information.