Your name: Jeff Brandon
Your spouse and children’s names: Julie (wife), Selah, Samuel
Name of your church: Revive AV Christian Fellowship
Location of church: Lancaster, CA
Date church was planted: February 2016
Name of partnering church(es): The Church at Brook Hills, Immanuel Baptist Church in Ridgecrest, CA
What are the reasons you decided to plant a church in your city? My wife and I became convinced that the Lancaster area was in desperate need of a solid, Bible-preaching church. Also, as we began to do research on the area, we found that there was significant physical and spiritual need that hadn’t been addressed. Besides this, we honestly just sensed a tug from the Holy Spirit to go in this direction.
What have you seen the Lord do in and through your church/church plant? In the last year we have seen significant growth in our core team and the additional members we have added. What’s been really neat is to watch some of our members, who were very nominal in their faith, grow into influential leaders within the church. Added to this is the fact that we recently discovered an unreached Lebanese people group in our area and have begun making plans to reach them.
What do you hope to see the Lord do in and through your church in the future? It is our desire to see the Lord multiply our missional community home groups in such a way that each one is reaching a different area of our city.
What advice do you have for current or future church planters? My main advice is to be honest with yourself and others about your sense of calling and maturity. Church planting is not for the faint of heart. Answering the call to plant a church often means that God will do great things amidst financial uncertainty and increased spiritual warfare. If a person is not truly called by the Lord to do this, and lacks the maturity to lead in hard times, there can be great damage done to the new church and the planters family. Church planting requires patience, perseverance, and a steadfast dependency on God. If those qualities are greatly lacking, it may not be time to plant.
What are your main prayer requests?
#1. Please pray for God’s guidance as we plan our first mission trip to Lebanon, Jordan, & Israel
#2. Please pray for our leaders to feel encouraged and full of hope as they enter a very busy ministry season
#3. Please pray that our church members would grow in their desire to reach the lost in their spheres of influence.
- Church Highlight: Staten Island Church Plant - August 10, 2017
- 2017 Pillar Network Unite Conference - August 8, 2017
- Church Highlight: SALT Covenant - July 28, 2017
- Church Highlight: Revive AV - May 19, 2017
- Coaching Session with Brad Bigney: How to Stay Alive Spiritually While Planting a Church - April 12, 2017
- Pillar Network Women’s Retreat 2017 Details - March 28, 2017
- Church Highlight: Redemption Hill Church - March 3, 2017
- Church Highlight: Redemption Church Wilmington - February 24, 2017
- 2017 Pillar Network Women’s Retreat - February 10, 2017
- Church Highlight: Redeeming Grace - January 13, 2017