Your spouse and children’s names:
- Spouse: Leigh Chasteen
- Ava (10)
- Emet (8)
- Owen (6)
- Zoe (4)
- Foster Daughter (2 ½)
Name of your church: Redemption Hill Church
Location of church: Medford, MA (5 miles north of Boston)
Date church was planted: April 10, 2011
Name of partnering church(es):
- Hope Fellowship Church, Cambridge, MA
- Open Door Baptist Church, Raleigh, NC
- Cornerstone Church, Florence, SC
- Crosspoint Church, Clemson, SC
- FBC Melbourne, FL
- Many other churches both in the Pillar Network and in SBC Life
What are the reasons you decided to plant a church in your city?
- The lostness: less than 3% identify as an evangelical follower of Jesus.
- The nations have flocked to Boston for education and and work experience. As a result, we have the opportunity to reach the nations through the backdoor.
- The influence: with over 100 colleges and universities, Boston is thousands of students each year and raising up many of the worlds future leaders.
What have you seen the Lord do in and through your church/church plant?
- We’ve seen God gather a group of people who do life together. We began as three families and a single lady and have grow to a regular worship attendance of 170 people.
- We’ve seen God transform lives. Over twenty people have professed faith in Christ and close to fifty have been baptized.
- We’ve seen Gospel-community flourish through people doing life together in small groups. We’ve grown from our initial small group to at times as many as 12 small groups.
- We’ve been able to help others plant churches in neighboring cities.
What do you hope to see the Lord do in and through your church in the future?
Our vision is simple. We want to see our city turned “Upside-Down” by the gospel. We want there to be undeniable works of God such that our city takes notice and even culture is changed. We see this happening as we multiply mature followers of Jesus not only in Medford, but through church planting churches in all of our neighboring towns.
What advice do you have for current or future church planters?
- Live to please God and not others. The battle for comparison is ongoing as a church planter. Stay humble, fix your eyes on Jesus, and live a courageous life.
- Prioritize your relationship with your spouse and kids. Only you can lead your family but God can raise up others to lead the church.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks and fail. Just commit yourself to being a lifelong learner and learning from those mistakes and the mistakes of others.
What else would you like to share with the readers of our blog?
It’s nice to live in “title-town.” The Patriots. The Red Sox. The Celtics. The Bruins. Life is good right now.
What are your 3-4 main prayer requests?
- Increasing conversion growth, especially with locals in Medford.
- Our upcoming Easter outreach through partnering mission teams, Good Friday service, Eggstravaganza, and evangelistic networking by our people.
- Leadership development for key ministry and group leaders.
Social Media Information:
Do you send out a newsletter? What is the link for people to subscribe?
We have a weekly newsletter that we send to attenders. If you want to subscribe, you can email email@example.com
- Church Highlight: Staten Island Church Plant - August 10, 2017
- 2017 Pillar Network Unite Conference - August 8, 2017
- Church Highlight: SALT Covenant - July 28, 2017
- Church Highlight: Revive AV - May 19, 2017
- Coaching Session with Brad Bigney: How to Stay Alive Spiritually While Planting a Church - April 12, 2017
- Pillar Network Women’s Retreat 2017 Details - March 28, 2017
- Church Highlight: Redemption Hill Church - March 3, 2017
- Church Highlight: Redemption Church Wilmington - February 24, 2017
- 2017 Pillar Network Women’s Retreat - February 10, 2017
- Church Highlight: Redeeming Grace - January 13, 2017